What is the Business Portal?
The Business Portal is a safe, secure website where you can manage your business tax affairs to:
- prepare, lodge and revise activity statements;
- view your statement of account and payment options;
- request a refund or transfer of funds between accounts;
- update your business registration details;
- test, lodge and/or download files;
- lodge an online form, including super guarantee charge statement;
- communicate with the ATO through a secure mailbox.
How to set up your Business Portal
There are minimal security and computer requirements needed to access the Business Portal:
- an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- an AUSkey;
- anti-virus and firewall protection on your computer;
- the latest version of your internet browser and Adobe Reader.
Registering for your Administration AUSkey
AUSkey is a secure login that identifies you when using participating government online services on behalf of a business. Eligible Associates will be able to register for an Administration AUSkey, which includes Trustees, Public Officers, Directors, Partners and the office bearer of a club/association. To register for an AUSkey you will require:
- the ABN of the business you want the AUSkey to be linked to;
- your full legal name;
- your date of birth;
- your personal Tax File Number (TFN) – Providing your personal TFN is not mandatory, but will speed up the registration process. If you don’t provide your TFN you need to call 1300AUSkey (1300 287 539) and provide extra details so the ATO can confirm your identity and complete the registration;
- an email address that only you have access to.
Register here – https://abr.gov.au/AUSkey/
Once you have registered you will receive an activation code on the final page. You will also receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your AUSKey.
Click the link and follow the instructions for activation.
To log into the Business Portal in the future please visit http://bp.ato.gov.au.
The Business Portal is your gateway to our online services for businesses. It provides easy and convenient access to information and allows you to conduct transactions with the ATO in a secure, online environment.
For more information, visit Business Portal Essentials.
BLG Business Advisers can assist you and provide specialised advice about managing your individual tax situation. Get in touch with us online or by calling (02) 4229 2211 to find out more.